With emerging social media (SM) opportunities, come new organizational challenges. The businesses we engage are increasingly asking the following questions:
- What social media channels should we engage with and how deep should our level of engagement be?
- How can social media best help us to achieve our overall strategic goals and objectives?
- What resource should we commit to social media?
- What Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) should we use and how can Return on Investment be measured?
- How open should our organization become?
- Who is talking about us, where online?
- How can we best manage our online reputation?
- What ‘buzz’ is being created about our brand?
- Do we require new organizational structures and new ‘mindsets’ to leverage the full potential of social media?
- What new skills, knowledge and staff training are required?
- Should we have a corporate wide ‘Social Media Proper Use Policy’ for staff?
Energising your business is not an easy task. It starts with asking the right questions. What questions are you asking?