On completion of the session and exercises, participants will have developed Strategic Action Plans for priority social media channels (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin etc) and an agreed performance measurement system for each channel, overall business impact and ROI.
This will involve cascading the Balanced Scorecard approach to each priority channel, agreeing Channel Objectives, KPIs, Targets, Customer Segments and the Key Actions and Initiatives required for ‘getting there’ – ensuring that Channel Action Plans are fully aligned with and supportive of overall business goals and objectives.
The following key questions will be addressed for each priority channel:
- What is your overall vision for this channel?
- What are the key objectives and targets to be achieved from the channel? Are these fully aligned with and supportive of your overall business goals and objectives?
- What KPIs will be used to monitor and evaluate channel performance?
- Which customer groups do you wish to engage with on this channel?
- What key channel actions do you need to take to ensure that objectives are achieved
- Do we have the right organisational ‘culture’ and ‘mindset’ for this channel to succeed?
- How will the channel be managed and resourced
- Do you have agreed Social Media Policies and Guidelines in place covering ‘Proper Use’, ‘Content Management’, ‘Customer Response Times/Quality’ and ‘Legal’ aspects?
Using the ‘Social Media Toolkit’, participants will complete exercises for priority social media channels covering the following:
Channel Vision and Objectives
What is your overall vision for this channel?
What are the main objectives to be achieved? Are these closely aligned with and supportive of your core business objectives? (Link back to your SM Strategy Document)
What KPIs will you use for measuring on-going channel performance? What are your targets for each KPI?
The Basics – for each channel, are you happy with – Page Set Up, Profile, Design, Basic Layout, Terminology, Features/Functions, Integration
Key Success Factors – the ‘4Cs’ approach
Tools and Applications
What tools and apps should I use for this channel
Organisation, People and Resource Aspects
Do we have the right organisational ‘culture’ and ‘mindset’ for this channel to succeed? How will the channel be managed and resourced? Policies and Guidelines?
How should we measure channel performance and business impact?
As usual, comments and feedback are very welcome.
We look forward to catching up again at the Workshop.
Jim, Alan, Vincent
ps – slides and other support material for the session will be posted up in the password protected part of the site on Monday.